- Get Help
- Substance Abuse
- Adult Mental Health
- Adult Forensic Mental Health System
Health Treatment Facilities
- About Us
- Visitation Information
- Catchment Area
- Events Calendar
- CARF Accreditation Survey
- Services and Programs
- Volunteer Services
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Programs for Internships
- Driving Directions
- Contact Information
- Contact FSH Webmaster
- Persons with Disabilities and Limited English Proficiency
- Northeast Florida State Hospital (NEFSH)
- North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center (NFETC)
- Employment Information
- Florida State Hospital
- Children's Mental Health
- Juvenile Incompetent to Proceed (JITP)
- Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR)
- Florida’s State Opioid Response Project
- Youth Tobacco Prevention
- About Suicide
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color/Asian American and Pacific Islander
- Covid-19 and Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Support Information
- First Responder's Suicide Deterrence Task Force
- Florida Special Populations
- Florida Suicide Prevention Interagency Action Plan
- Lethal Means Safety: Keeping our Families Safe
- Loss Survivors
- Safe Reporting
- Social Media Shareables
- Service Members, Veterans and Families
- Substance Use and Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Attempt Survivors
- Suicide Prevention Coordinating Council
- Teens/Young Adults
- Florida Partnership for Success (PFS)
- Prevention Partnership Grants (PPG)
- Prevention Partners
- Florida Youth Substance Abuse Survey (FYSAS)
- The Annual Synar Report
- Event Calendar
- Crisis Services
- Recovery Oriented System of Care
- Commission on Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Statewide Quarterly Behavioral Health Meetings
- For SAMH
- Managing Entities
- Incident Reporting and Analysis System (IRAS)
- Recovery Residences
- FARS Training
- CFARS Training
- Disaster Behavioral Health
- Know About Trauma
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Program Information
- SAMH Dashboard
Commission on Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Mission of the Commission
As required by 394.9086, F.S., the Commission on Mental Health and Substance Abuse (Commission) was created in 2021 by the Florida Legislature to examine the current methods of providing mental health and substance abuse services in the state and to improve the effectiveness of current practices, procedures, programs, and initiatives in providing such services; identify any barriers or deficiencies in the delivery of such services; and recommend changes to existing laws, rules, and policies necessary to implement the Commission’s recommendations. The Commission shall meet quarterly or upon the call of the chair. The Commission shall hold its meetings via teleconference or other electronic means.
Visit the Members of the Commission on Mental Health and Substance Abuse page to view assignment and bios.
To view upcoming meetings and previous minutes view the commission meetings page.
Review of service arrays and implementation approaches across major agencies. The committee will look at the various required documents, determine what is useful, and wasteful, and make recommendations to streamline the process.
Visit the Members of the Business Operations Subcommittee page to view members.
Review of the Baker and Marchman act systems to include expansion and wrap around services, Mental Health and Drug courts, Competency restoration, in custody treatment.
Visit the Members of the Criminal Justice Subcommittee page to view members.
Review of reporting mechanisms, available data sets, reporting requirements, and high-level performance outputs and outcomes across lead agencies the committee will make recommendations for a statewide blueprint for a model behavioral health delivery system.
Visit the Members of the Data Analysis Subcommittee page to view members.
Review all major funding sources and applicable limits across major agencies for mental health and substance abuse treatment. Identify challenges, and opportunities. The committee will make recommendations for improvement.
Visit the Members of the Finance Subcommittee page to view members.
To view upcoming meetings and previous minutes view the subcommittee meetings page.