For Youth & Young Adults
“My Future, My Choice” is the theme for this new program, because it gives youth the option to remain in care until they turn 21, or - if they are enrolled in an eligible post-secondary institution - receive financial assistance as they continue pursuing academic and career goals. In extended foster care, young adults will continue to receive case management services and other support to provide them with a sound platform for success as independent adults.
View a flowchart of your new options.
For More Information
For questions regarding eligibility visit:
- Florida’s Independent Living Resource Center, https://www.danielkids.org/our-programs/floridas-i-l-resource-center/ serves as an information clearinghouse to address all areas of Independent Living Services
- 1-844-ILYOUTH (844-459-6884)
Fueling Futures is a professional development program for former foster youth ages 18 to 24. Our objective is to be “fueling futures” through our four pillars: economically, educationally, personally, and professionally.
Through the Fueling Futures Program:
- Participants attend our summer workplace readiness and professionalism training to kick off the year
- Participants attend a monthly professional development or life skills training
- Participants meet monthly for a one-on-one session for goal setting check in’s and accountability
- Participants are paired with a mentor in their chosen career field and have opportunities for “shadow days”
- Participants have access to a large network of community resources to aid in removing any barriers to their success (examples include: bus passes, food pantries, business professional clothing, daycare, emergency housing support, etc.)
- Participants can attend team builders and social to get to network and find support among their peers
The Fueling Futures program is available statewide. Contact Abigail Phelps, Hope Navigator and Youth Development Manager, at Abigail.Phelps@myflfamilies.com to learn more.