Continuums of Care and Local Providers of Service
Continuums of Care (CoC) are organizations composed of representatives of nonprofit homeless providers, victim service providers, faith-based organizations, governments, businesses, advocates, public housing agencies, school districts, social service providers, mental health agencies, etc.
A model of CoC should include the following components:
- Outreach, intake, and assessment to link housing and services to the needs of those who are homeless.
- Services and resources to prevent housed persons from becoming homeless or returning to homelessness.
- Emergency sheltering as a safe alternative to living on the streets.
- Transitional housing to move persons toward permanent housing solutions.
- Permanent housing to end episodes of homelessness.
- Supportive services designed to assist the person with necessary skills to secure and retain permanent housing.
To contact a local lead agency, view our lead agency listing below.
CoC lead agency service areas are shown below. Select your county on the map below to connect with the CoC lead agency in your area or download a list of CoC Contacts.