Your abuser may monitor your internet use and may be able to view your computer activity. If you have reason to believe that your computer is not secure, you may wish to use a computer in another location to which your abuser does not have access.
Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-500-1119
Florida Relay 711
Is what is happening considered abuse?
Every relationship is different and domestic violence doesn’t always show up in the same way for everyone. Most abusers do many different things to maintain power and control over their partner.
- Does your partner prevent you from seeing your family or friends?
- Does your partner show extreme jealousy toward your friends?
- Does your partner constantly criticize you and your abilities?
- Does your partner intimidate or threaten you?
- Does your partner hit, punch, slap, or kick you?
- If you have a gun in your home, has your partner ever threatened to use it?
- Has your partner ever prevented you from leaving the house, getting a job, or continuing your education?
- Has your partner ever destroyed things that you cared about?
- Has your partner ever forced you to have sex or forced you to engage in sex that makes you feel uncomfortable?
Help and support are available if you are concerned and want to contact an advocate who will listen and connect you to resources in your community at your request.