New Course Training Alert!
Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Directors (TICD)
The Department of Children and Families Office of Child Care Regulation is offering a new instructor-led course, Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Directors. The goal of this course is to assist child care programs in implementing trauma-informed care for families they serve. This is a multi-session course, which will require the completion of outside assignments and readings. Upon completion of this course, child care program directors will form a community of practice and will be able to:
- Recognize the signs of trauma impacting children
- Examine the importance of self-care
- Apply tools to help children regulate emotions and behaviors
- Evaluate the physical learning environment for trauma-sensitive supports
- Develop a plan for creating a trauma-sensitive program
This course can be used to meet the Florida Director Credential Renewal requirements.
To access the course, go to: https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/ and select "Training Credentialing."
Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Director Credential Endorsement (TICD)
To earn the endorsement, you must successfully complete:
_ Florida Director Credential
_ Online 5-hour DCF Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Professionals (0.5 CEUs available)
_ Instructor-led 40-hour DCF Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Directors
- 4.0 CEUs available
- Components of this course will meet the Professional Contribution requirement to renew the Director Credential