New Course Training Alert!
Opening a Family Child Care Home Program (OPENH)
The Department of Children and Families Office of Child Care Regulation is offering a new online course, Opening a Family Child Care Home Program. The goal of this course is to provide individuals with an overview of opening a family child care home program in Florida. Upon completion of this course, child care professionals will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of a family child care provider
- Analyze the need for a family child care home in your area and what services are needed
- Establish goals and a guiding philosophy for your family child care home
- Identify the operational requirements of opening a family child care home
- Develop finance and budget management plans for the program
- Identify elements of program structure that need to be developed that may cause delays in the development of literacy
For this three-hour course, 0.3 CEUs may be earned (if this course is taken in the Training and Registry Portal). To access the course, go to: https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/ and select "Training Credentialing."
For those who DO NOT have an account in the Training and Registry Portal, you may access the course here. This option does not offer CEUs