Laws and Requirements
The following provides detailed information on the laws and requirements that governs the operation of child care facilities and homes within the State of Florida. Referenced are the Florida Statutes Sections 402.26 - 402.319 and the Florida Administrative Codes, Chapters 65C-20, 65C-22 and 65C-25.
- Child Care Statutes, Sections 402.26 and 402.319, F.S.
- Level 2 Screening Standards (Section 435.04, F.S.)
- Licensing (Section 120.60, F.S.)
Florida Administrative Code
- Family Day Care/Large Family Child Care Homes (Chapter 65C-20, F.A.C.)
- Child Care Facility/Center (Chapter 65C-22, F.A.C.)
- Mildly-Ill Child Care (Chapter 65C-25, F.A.C.)
- Communicable Disease (Chapter 64D-3, F.A.C.)
- Child Care Facility
- Licensed Family Day Care Home
- Large Family Child Care Home
- School-Age Facility
- Specialized Child Care Facility for the Care of Mildly-Ill Children