Director Credential VPK Director Endorsement
A private prekindergarten provider delivering the VPK program must have a director who has a VPK Director Endorsement consistent with section 1002.55(3)(g), Florida Statutes, and meets the requirements of Rule 6M-8.610, Florida Administrative Code.
Effective November 23, 2021 to receive a VPK Director Endorsement Credential, applicants must complete all requirements outlined below 1 - 6:
- A Florida Director Credential issued by the Florida Department of Children and Families
- Implementing the Florida Standards in Preschool Classroom: 3 Years Old to Kindergarten (VFSP or SPC3TK) - 5 Hour Online Course or 3 Hour Instructor-Led Course
- Emergent Literacy for VPK Instructors (VPK, VPKR, or VPK21) - 5 Hour Online Course
- VPK Director Credential (DVPK) - 5 Hour Online Course
- Mathematical Thinking for Early Learners (MATH) - 5 Hour Online Course
- Language and Vocabulary in the VPK Classroom (LVPK or LVPK21) - 5 Hour Online Course
The issuance of the VPK Director Endorsement will automatically appear on the Child Care Training Transcript upon completion of all six (6) requirements listed above.
Note: A private school administrator of a private prekindergarten program who holds a valid certificate in educational leadership issued by the Florida Department of Education as defined in Rule 6A-4.0082, F.A.C., satisfies the requirement for a prekindergarten director credential under section 1002.57, F.S.
If you have questions about the VPK Director Endorsement, contact the Department of Education, Division of Early Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-447-1159.
To register for courses, login to your Child Care Training Student Account. If you have questions regarding registering for courses, call the Child Care Training Information Center at 1-888-352-2842.
Updated February 2022