Customer Call Center
7am to 6pm Mon-Fri
8am to noon Sat
1pm to 5pm Sun
Florida Relay 711 or
ACCESS Central Mail Center
P.O. Box 1770
Ocala, FL 34478-1770
- USDA-HHS Non-Discrimination Statement
- ADA, Section 504, and LEP Coordinators
- Program Overview
- General Program Information
- Food Assistance
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- Medicaid for Pregnant Women
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
- Benefit Repayment
- Disaster SNAP
- Out of State Inquiries
- Community Partner Network
- Community Partner Search
- ACCESS Publications, Forms, Reports, and More
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
About Your Pin
A PIN (personal identification number) is a secret numeric password shared between a user and the EBT system.
- You must call EBT Customer Service at 1-888-356-3281 to select your PIN before you can use your card.
- NEVER write your PIN on your card, or on anything you keep with your card.
- Keep your PIN secret. Never give your PIN to your caseworker, family members, store cashiers or anyone else.
- If someone takes your card and knows your PIN, they can use ALL your benefits. These benefits cannot be replaced.
- You have 3 attempts to enter your PIN correctly. After the third try, you will not be able to use your card until the next day.
- If you cannot remember your PIN, or if someone knows your PIN, call EBT Customer Service immediately and select a new PIN.
- If unable to select PIN because DOB or SSN is wrong, contact ACCESS.