Receive DCF Press Releases
To automatically receive DCF Press Releases subscribe to our Mail List.
Media Contact Information
Social Media Graphics
The department uses social media to connect with families and individuals to share information, safety tips, and more. The graphics and messaging below are for sharing on social media to support DCF’s mission of protecting the vulnerable, promoting strong and economically self-sufficient families, and advancing personal and family recovery and resiliency. For questions or requests, please contact HQW.Press.Office@myflfamilies.com
Important messages to share
- May is #NationalWaterSafetyMonth! With summer just around the corner, it’s important to learn how to keep your child safe around water. For more information, visit www.poolsafely.gov.
- Pools aren’t the only place where a young child can drown – bathtubs, toilets, and buckets all pose a risk. To learn more about how you can keep your child safe around water, visit http://www.ounce.org/water_safety.html
- Drowning doesn’t just happen in pools – retention ponds, ditches, and fountains can all pose a risk. If a child is missing, check nearby bodies of water first. To learn more about water safety, visit http://www.ounce.org/water_safety.html.
- Teaching children to swim and practice water safety can significantly reduce their risk of drowning. For more information on where you can find swim lessons for your child, visit https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/swimming/swim-lessons.
- Many pool-related drowning accidents can be prevented with the installation of barriers, such as fences, door alarms, and pool covers, which add extra layers of protection to keep your child safe. For more information, visit http://www.watersmartfl.com/layers.html.