Careers at DCF
DCF is a diverse organization with multiple opportunities to grow while we serve children and families in the State of Florida. We are looking for motivated and career-driven talent who strive to make a difference.
Areas of work at DCF include but are not limited to:
- Abuse Hotline
Services for victims of abuse and neglect.
Food Assistance, Medicaid and financial help for eligible people.
- Adult Protective
Services for frail, elderly, and disabled adults who are at risk or are victims of abuse, neglect, or exploitation and disabled adults who need assistance to remain in their own homes in the community.
- Child Care & Background
Assisting parents in finding quality child care by providing information on child care regulation and quality care.
- Child Welfare
Help for children who are victims of abuse and neglect in partnership with Community Based Care.
- Substance Abuse & Mental
Services for people with emotional problems, mental illness, alcohol and drug related dependencies
Why Work at DCF?
Working for the Florida Department of Children and Families is rewarding and challenging. Whether you are on the frontline or supporting those who work directly with children, youth, elderly and families, you will play a part in helping to strengthen families.
DCF’ benefits package includes:
- Health Plans: Choose from several plans
- Shared Savings Program
- Optical and dental coverage
- Savings and Spending Accounts
- Group long-term care insurance
- Florida Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Leave of Absence
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
With 12,000 employees across the state DCF promotes opportunities and training for all. Our jobs are among the most challenging, complex, and difficult in State government. They are also among the most rewarding. All employees are encouraged to take advantage of available Department opportunities for advancement and professional development.
Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- No state income tax for residents of Florida
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions. For more information, please click myfrs.com.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition waivers
- And more! For a more complete list of benefits, visit mybenefits.myflorida.com.