HOPE FLORIDA – A PATHWAY TO PROSPERITY
Hope Florida - A Pathway to Prosperity: Uniting communities through ‘Care Navigators’ to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity, economic self-sufficiency and hope.
This new initiative spearheaded by First Lady Casey DeSantis and implemented by the Florida Department of Children and Families, utilizes ‘Care Navigators’ to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity by focusing on community collaboration between the private sector, faith-based community, nonprofits and government entities to break down traditional community silos, in an effort to maximize resources and uncover opportunities.
These ‘Care Navigators’ are essential in helping individuals identify their unique and immediate barriers to prosperity, develop long term-goals, map out a strategic plan, and work to ensure all sectors of the community have a ‘seat at the table’ and are part of the solution.
Who benefits from A Pathway to Prosperity?
- Public benefit customers statewide
- Children aging out of foster care
- Pregnant mothers contending with substance abuse disorders
- Parents and families who need assistance
Services offered by Care Navigators:
- Identifying goals and barriers
- Referrals to local, community-based partners
- One-on-one support to develop a plan to achieve economic-self sufficiency
If you need to connect with a Care Navigator, call 850-300-HOPE.