The following core values contribute to the Office of Inspector General foundation:
- Accountability: We are committed to serving as highly respected stewards of taxpayer dollars. Constantly bearing in mind that our inquiries may adversely affect people’s livelihood, we accept full responsibility for our actions.
- Excellence: We strive to be an efficient, objective, and fact-finding office. We have high expectations for quality and timely work products. We stand committed to improve our performance to benefit our customers and stakeholders.
- Professionalism and Integrity: We maintain the independence and impartiality necessary to perform our mission objectively. We accommodate differences of opinion without compromising principle. We practice good citizenship with emphasis on ethics and acceptance of social responsibility.
- Communication: We listen to, learn from, and collaborate with our customers, stakeholders, and each other. We believe that effective communication, upward, downward, and laterally, is of utmost importance to our individual and combined success.
- Orientation to Action: We are proactive and add value within and beyond our daily job function.
- Sense of Urgency: We recognize and act on issues that require immediate attention.
- Teamwork: We challenge each other to work cooperatively. Employees at all levels are involved in developing and continually improving work processes.
- Agility: We are flexible and innovative. We readily accept changes intended to improve our operations.